Hey Dad – Let’s Talk is a series of activities that allows Dad’s to spend time and bond with their kids. They include a variety of Creative activities from Riddles, Puzzles, Information Tit Bits, Trivia, Quiz, stories etc. Activities that you can discuss, stuff that is interesting and exploratory. Each activity should take 20 – 30 minutes and the best time to spend time with your kids is before you tuck them to Bed.
This session is on 20 Riddles – some very easy some a little tricky – have Fun!
1. I get dirty in about 5 days but it takes half an hour to clean me. It takes a long time for me to be tall but I can be short in about 2 seconds what am I ?
2.You can feel me but you can’t touch me You can give me but you can’t take me What am I ?
3. One night a man and woman go on the boat. The man and woman got off. Who was left ?
4. I am unseen but all people know of me. I am intangible yet sharper than any sword. I come from nothingness but can fell even the mightiest kings.
5.When I was 2 years old, my brother was half my age. Now I am 100 years old, how old is my brother?
6.Imagine your in a sinking boat and there is alligators trying to eat you. How do you save yourself?
7. A monkey, a squirrel, and a bird are racing to the top of a coconut tree. Who will get the banana first, the monkey, the squirrel, or the bird?
8.Which eight-letter word still remains a word after removing each letter from it?
9. There are two words in the English language that end with the letters ‘g’, ‘r’, and ‘y’.
10. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven’t got me. What am I?
11. What gets broken without being held?
12. Which triangle will have a larger perimeter : 3,4,5 or 3,4,7 ?
13. There are 50 crows on a wire, a hunter shoots and kills three. How many are there left on the wire?
14.What has 6 wheels and flies?
15. A butcher named butch is 6 feet tall and has size 12 shoes. What does he weigh?
I sizzle like bacon, I’m made with an egg.
I have plenty of backbone, but not a good leg.
I peel layers like an onion, but still remain whole.
I can be long like a flagpole, yet I fit in a hole.
What am I?
It takes one word to separate them; otherwise they are inseparable.
What are they?
18. What always goes to bed with its shoes on?
19. Question: Little Johnny’s teacher asks him, “If I gave you two cats, then two more, and two more cats; how many would you have?”
Little Johnny replies, “Seven!”
His teacher asks him again more slowly, “If I gave you two cats, then two more, and two more cats; how many would you have?”
But again Little Johnny replies, “Seven!”
Next she asks, “If I get two cats, then two more, and two more cats; how many would I have?”
Little Johnny replies, “Six!”
“Good Job Johnny! Now if I gave you two cats, then two more, and two more cats; how many would you have?”
Johnny thinks for a second, “Seven.”
But Johnny is not wrong. Why?
20. What English word is always spelled incorrectly ?
3. One Knight
5. Ninety Nine
6. Stop Imagining
7. None – Coconut trees have no Bananas
8. STARTING: Starting-Staring-String-Sting-Sing-Sin-In-I.
9. “hungry” and “angry.”
10. A Secret
11. A Promise
12. 3,4,5 – You cannot construct a Triangle with sides of length 3,4,7
14. A Garbage Truck
16. A Snake
19. Answer – He already has one Cat